In the spirit of being accountable, I’ve divided up my goals for the year into a few categories: Must Do, Want To Do, and Might Do.
- Edit MONSTROUS (there’s no question that this is the highest priority this year!)
- Write second book (hopefully a companion novel to MONSTROUS)
- Revise second book
- Make more connections, specifically ones that will be helpful when my book debuts such as local libraries, schools, and bookstores. I’ve already gotten started–my husband’s cousin is a teacher in local Boston area middle school and she wants me to do a school visit when MONSTROUS comes out. Yay for head starts!
WANT TO DO:
- Finish revising CONFESSIONS OF A TEENAGE CYBORG and get it to a point where it’s submission ready
- Revise TWIN DAGGERS
- Write that somewhat secret novella project bouncing around in my brain that I should probably mention to my agent…
- Blog more, both on this blog, From the Write Angle, and now the OneFourKidLit blog. I had a hard time keeping up with blogging in 2012, but I enjoy it and I really do want to do better this year.
- Finish draft of DEVIL IN THE DRAWING ROOM and revise it
- Write another first draft of one of the many project ideas I’ve been hoarding
Yes, this is a wee bit ambitious. I know I likely won’t end up meeting all these goals, but I feel confident that I can definitely complete the Must Dos, and hopefully at least a couple of the Want To Dos. And who knows? Maybe I’ll surprise myself and complete more of them that I expect!
So, what do you hope to accomplish this year? Share your goals in the comments!